Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#1 Countdown to Christmas matchbook swap ~ from Angela & Christmas memory to share with you...

#1 matchbox from Angela ~ http://www.pagesbythesea.blogspot/
It's starting to look alot like Christmas! Woke up this morning so excited knowing that today is the first day the 'Countdown to Christmas matchbook swap' by www.aswapforallseasons.blogspot.com. It took all the patience I could muster up to wait. Memories of a child waiting for Christmas morning gave me a big smile.


My #1 matchbox was created by Angela and it is simply precious filled so much pretty detail. I especially like the itsy bitsy snowman art that is attached to the stick pin on lace and the art which looks like a stamp with a tiny greeting 'Merrymerry Christmas' in the corner. Snowmen melt my heart! I wonder how Angela did that.


Thanks a million Angela! I will treasure your sweet gift for many years to come.


My Christmas memory to share today December 1, 2010~
"When I was a little girl about 8 years old I remember my little sister Cathy and I receiving 'Thumbilina dolls' (sp?) from Santa. The dolls wore white lace bonnets and gowns and their heads moved about after winding them up. I loved that doll and still love the smell of a new doll don't you?"

7 comments:

  1. Your matchbox is so pretty ~ and I love your Christmas memory too!

    This swap was such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and nice, I am hoping into everyone blog to see what they got. Come visit us also.

    Joy this Holiday,

    Maria & Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted my Day 1 ... this is just too much fun !
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your post...and love your matchbox and prescious gift inside...!!

    i checking out all the swap blogs right now and this is soooo much fun...!!! i also just put my post up of my #1 matchbox given to me...and i'm also on the hunt to find the home of the #1 matchbox that I altered...:)

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This box is adorable....I just love it. This swap is such fun. I have loved every minute of it. Hugs, Genie

    ReplyDelete