Thursday, December 9, 2010

#9 Countdown to Christmas matchbox swap - the one opened today is from Jenny S.



Today I opened my 9th matchbox and it is from Jenny www.theredbulletinboard.blogspot.com
It is so pretty and this is the first one that is an unusual size. The little silver star is so shiny...I'm not certain exactly what it is created with.

Thank you so much Jenny! Your matchbox will be treasured for many years to come. I love how you are creative with button...stacking 2 upon one another.

I hope everyone is having a great time as I am. 25 more reasons to give thanks.

My Christmas memory to share this morning is going to be about stars ~ Every winter at Christmas time I go out and view the winter sky for a long while. When I pray and ponder that the beauty of the sky ...I feel so close to God. I remember my loved ones (family & friends) lost to this world and offer special little prayers for them. Don't you think there something so serene & special about the stars in the quiet winter sky? I must get my telescope out soon...it's been a while.

3 comments:

  1. I love the little glitter star and the retro look is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun box !
    Looking at the stars ... fills me with awe and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The star is actually a wooden star painted silver then covered in German Glass Glitter for that extra sparkle!! Over time it will tarnish to a fun antiqued look!! I am so glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete