Friday, December 17, 2010

#17 Countdown to Christmas matchbox swap - from Ann E.

Day 17 ~ Visit http://www.aswapforallseasons.blogspot.com/ There are a list of links of people participating...just click and you'll get the Christmas spirit. It is a blessing to show and tell
 #17 matchbox was created by Ann E. her blogspot- www.ashabbylife.blogspot.com
First I must share that it is my photo that is fuzzy NOT Ann's art. They are as clear as a bell and the sweetest little gifts! The Old time Santa arts are so interesting...I wonder why some of the Old time Santas looked scarey? The little square one is a pin to wear on my suit to work. Thanks a million Ann! Your matchbox & gift are to be treasured for years to come.

My Christmas memory to share today December 17, 2010 ~ May have shared some of this in an earlier post...about the summer we took our three Children to the North Pole in Colorado. Ever visited there? We went in the summer and the kids had a ball! Year round 'Winter Wonderland'. We stood in line for the kids could visit with Santa. Since we were on a tight budget I asked the lady taking pictures if we could take our own picture of our kids and Santa. We did and I remember the Santa giving me a somewhat ugly look...he looked a little like the Santa in the bottle cap art above LOL. He was not happy for me to take my own photo...was their 'money making sceme'. Oh well, the picture was 'so cute' that we ordered postcards from K-Mart and sent them out the next year at Christmas. It was a wonderful vacation and trip in Colorado. I remember this amusement park even had huge 'unhappy' live reindeer and elves in a workshop making toys. The kids had a great time and that's what it was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment