Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sister Rebecca 'You are the real gift'

Yesterday I gave my 'just because' gift to Sister Rebecca. Sister Rebecca is my friend, a beautiful young lady who has recently joined a Carmelite Religious Order here in Wichita. My heart and gift are both full of joy and excitement!


I am inspired by all of my Sister friends...who answered 'Yes' to His call. Blessed to have their friendship, a treasured gift. 'Heaven's Rejoicing to include Sister Rebecca in their Community'!


The gift, I'll describe...a little pot of bright pink flowers with whimsical petals...each petal twisted slightly like a whirly bird. I hot glued a bow with silk flower and I tied a little St. Anne medal outside the pot. For some reason I think that was the 'just right' medal. Maybe Rebecca's Grandmother has played a very important role in Rebecca's life as St. Anne, Mother Mary's Grandmother did. I'm not sure.

A few books went into the bright JOY gift sack. One book was written by a woman titled 'Falling in love with Jesus' and the other an old school book about drying flowers. Their Community nurture's the most beautiful flowers. A soft pair of flowered socks for fun, pretty little pads of note paper and last but not least a letter of love.


Sometimes I just leave the gift sack tag (which hangs with a string) blank to recycle but not this time. I love how the Holy Spirit prompted me to write....."You are the real gift". What a perfect Monday morning to celebrate Mass to include Father's Homily talking about famous 'St. Francis of Assisi' life. Before I headed to work I enjoyed a few savored minutes visiting briefly with my Sister friends at their car. Sister Rebecca gave me the best smile and hug. They are precious to me and I can only imagine how precious they are to our Heavenly Father! So many good works come from their hands and hearts.


(The photo is Patty Cake holding one pretty flower God left for me on the floor board of my car... it fell from Sister Rebecca's potted plant. Blessed to share the experience of my great morning with you. The flower I carefully tucked in my cool lunch container and on my lunch break I had a quick photo shoot with Patty Cake. God is so good to me.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patty,
    Wow, what amazing things you have been up to...what a beautiful trip you took (love your sweater!) and loved the pears!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete