Friday, July 23, 2010

God sent a fleet of five angels to help...on the coldest winter day!

 A story of inspiration to share...

A couple of years ago one of my brothers was in the middle of recuperating from shoulder surgery and needed to move to a better location very soon because his lease was almost up. Unfortunately, he just didn't have any friends available to help during this time. To make matters much worse, it had to be the coldest, iciest weekends in Kansas ever! I tried to stay positive and I trusted God.

I promised my brother I would help move and then I began praying. I asked God to help us 'make this move safely' and He sure did! God sent a fleet of angels...five to be exact to help us. It was the first call I placed, one week in advance and the answer on the other end of the phone line was "yes". I'm never surprised by the nature of my good friends to be there when I really need them. I realize how VERY blessed that they would be right there, so ready to help me, help my family member who was struggling. They are so good! I felt it necessary to share that money was very tight and Kay said "We aren't doing it for the money Patty, we just want to help, that's what Christians do". God 'through the generosity of these faith filled friends and family members, made the move a reality. Oh, everyone one worked so hard and it was the coldest winter day ever! My friend Virginia's two handsome strong farm sons were amazing. They even brought a flat bed truck!

The best memory of that experience was gathering and praying before we got started that early Saturday. It was much harder work than I expected and we needed to work together very carefully. We gathered holding hands in his little kitchen that morning asking God to keep us safe and and that no-one would be hurt. Praise God! No-one fell on the very slick sidewalk and driveways.

I will ALWAYS be both amazed and inspired by the the kindness that was given to help my brother. He was a stranger to a few of them and that didn't prevent them from helping out. As we finished and that last box was stacked, I remember my brother tipping everyone with a $50 bill (except me, his sis..and that was quite alright.) The move took most of the day and we were exhausted. My brother was VERY appreciative. He bought lunches, gas, shared a large thermos of hot coffee and said 'thank you' countless times. He also donated quite a HUGE bunch of good usable items to a street ministry to help someone else.

What wonderful friends, God's fleet of five angels who came to help...on the coldest winter day! I do remember the smiles...they were both warm and sincere.

Blessed beyond the imagination.
Patty

(In the photo are the gloves and head band that I wore that day. Can you see, I tried to arrange the gloves like 'praying hands'? A lot of prayers went up that day!)

11 comments:

  1. Another wonderful story of how God provides through His people. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it is wonderful when Christians demonstrate the love of God to each other in this way. I love the way God pours His love into his people and the ways they minister to His body. What a blessing! nannykim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Patty, that is a wonderful story...amazing! And I love your picture too. What wonderful people and a beautiful answer to prayers...a true miracle!

    I don't know if you saw the messages I left you, but since you don't have a color printer, I designed 2 personalized book markers for you...Please write to me and I will email them.
    cindylou_20@hotmail.com

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Patty.
    While I am sitting here - debating what is going on in my life right now - how I will deal with whatever shows up. . . it seems so small and unimportant. I know we will get through it. I've prayed and prayed and whatever happens, as my Mom would say "to be is to be. We can't change it Karen".
    So thank you my friend for this post full of inspiration. It was exactly what I needed.
    Big hugs from California!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, thank you for sharing this wonderful story. such a testimony for God's love and care for us. He knows our needs and wants to supply them. What a wonderful blessing to receive!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story! That's what true Christian friends are for! :) Thanks for sharing this. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, that is such a sweet story of brotherly love. I am visiting from Cindy's. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patty~

    I am sure that in helping you and your brother they knew that you would do the same for them if they were in need.

    Thank you for sharing~

    Sherry F.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patty,
    Just came over to say "hi" and see how you're doing!!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty!

    I actually left a message on this post already as I was a part of this link party. But I am introducing myself because I have recently joined the Bloggerette Sorority and I didnt want to leave you out! So, nice to meet you and I look forward to taking part in some fun stuff with the sisters!

    ~Sherry F.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patty,
    If you look on my post that has the "Beautiful" book markers and look at the comments, I just wrote about what quilling is so you could see it...
    I wrote it under your comment.
    Have a blessed Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete